Re: Haven't decided yet whether it's reincarnation or pop-pop boats.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2010
      Mornin' Frank, Daryl et al,

      Is the finch a true albino or a mutated finch. It's difficult to tell but th eyes look normal as opposed to the pink of a true albino. I have seen photos of other critters with e same characteristics.

      Daryl - enjoy you pop-pop videos. Have watch most of them more than once. THANKS.

      A great weekend to all!

      prb

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Go to http://tinyurl.com/yhn7wke for video of an albino finch that acts like it might be s reincarnation of the great film actor Peter Finch. After it flies away, watch Daryl's You-Tube video clips.
      >
      > Best wishes, Frank

    • darylcanada73
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
        Frank,..........Thanks for the plug.

        Pete............I'm not a "birder" so can't answer your question. A bird person told me they are still classed as albinos even if they do not have all the common characteristics such as pink eyes. Maybe someone out there can answer this question. They sure do stand out in the flock. Expect a hawk will notice it soon.

        Keep watching those videos guys.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
          Daryl,

          Your reference to a hawk finding the albino finch suggested the unlikely possibility for an albino hawk noticing an albino finch.
          I went to Google images to find out if there are any albino hawks and learned that there are-- a whole slew of photos and a Google reply
          About 50,400 results (0.17 seconds) Haven't quite finished reviewing all of the reported results ;-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
            Hi Daryl,

            Like Old Frank I hit up Google. There is actually an Albino Finch Society of the domestic kind.

            http://www.zebrafinch.com/societyfinch/Albino_Society.html

            It has everything that anyone would want to know about mutant finches. I suspect that these domestic variety evolved out of the wild variety such as the one in your photo.

            Almost old Pete (just had my 67 b'day)