Re: Where to buy tubing?

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2010
      If you like you can have a look at two of my videos on Youtube that have the type of rotating vessel you describe. In Part 2-Canadian Putt putt Boats the vessel is a tin can with a 3 tube boiler type engine. In Part 3 a mixing bowl is used with a hybrid coil/diaphragm engine. The first is clearly better. A rotating can doesn't make much in the way of waves or ripples. Making it heavy so it sits deep in the water and then weighting it so it is off center will make it wobble so there is more wave action if that is what you want.
      Link to my videos................. http://www.youtube.com/user/PuttPutt4video

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "i_mad_gination" <kellymadden@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Brian. I found some brass tubing at Hobby Lobby. On my way to making my first pop pop boat and then a vessel that creates extra ripples!
    • i_mad_gination
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2010
        Thank you Daryl - these are fantastic! You are a true inspiration!

        Kelly