Vadim Nikolaev and pulsating heat pipes (PHP)

  • Slater Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2010

      An engineer living in France contacted me with a link to his article about pulsating heat pipes and their working similarity to pop pop boats. http://www.pmmh.espci.fr/~vnikol/PHP.html  It’s interesting—and I don’t just mean the busty female at the top of the page. Some of us who have worked with practical thermodynamics may be familiar with heat pipes used to efficiently transfer heat. They usually use liquids and wicks. The article, though, notes a new kind of pulsating heat pipe developed in the 1990s that is like a bunch of pop pop engines. Who knew? Pop pops popping up all over the place!

       I was unable to get the video to play—is it just me?

      I invited Vadim to join the forum.

      Slater

      This message, together with any attachments, may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message, along with any attachments.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2010
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2010
          Thanks for sharing!