Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: new to the group

  • Jack Stinson
    Message 1 of 15 , May 17, 2010
      An "outboard R/C" was my initial thought. The rx/servo brick is tiny enough and it has 2 servos (so a kitchen rudder could added to such a unit).
      My own goal is not to retrofit existing tin boats, but to build tiny R/C wooden steam launches 6-9 inches long, designing one micro rx/servo brick module to fit in all of them. Although I would love to drop an R/C brick into a Victoria boat or a Webley Super Cruiser.

      As an aside: I read somewhere online recently of a guy who was going to market an patent and "outboard pop-pop" engine. Now I can't recall where I read it.

      WJ

      --- On Mon, 5/17/10, frankmcneilll <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:
      Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_rudder and consider the possibility for a unit similar to an outboard engine that could be attached to the transom of any tinplate boat large enough to hold it without sinking.

      Message 2 of 15 , May 17, 2010
        Check your email for a message with attached picture of a boat with an outboard pop-pop engine. The picture was found on Buzz's Boatyard.

        Message 3 of 15 , May 17, 2010
          Ah yes...THAT is where I saw it!  Thanks.