Re: WWPPBB?

  • mogogear2002
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2010
      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Slater Harrison <Sharrison@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > A correspondent mentioned making pop pops for the WWPPBB. I Googled it and found this http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=27649
      >
      > I might have been asleep at the wheel when this event was discussed. If so, pardon the redundancy. Sounds fun! 'Hope they take pictures.
      >
      > Slater
      >
      > ________________________________
      > This message, together with any attachments, may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message, along with any attachments.

      Hello troops--First post here as I have "met" Daryl over on the live steam forum that has the WWPPBB contest( World Wide Pop Pop Boat Build)

      We are mainly a bunch of live steam folks that wanted to have a fun contest for our members and others.

      We have young and older members and since pop pop boats are a "gate way " steam engine of sorts and is something that all can make or afford - it was a light-hearted event to put together.

      I actually came up with this event, if that is what it is.

      Anyway Daryl mentioned this group and posted his video links. They were very impressive and made a big splash. Many of our members enjoy various types of steam( loco's, stationary engines, boats, traction engines and Pop Pop boats)but generally appreciate them all to some degree. His posts were met with much awe!! This group has really been busy exploring far past what many people know or ever experience in the "pop pop" world.

      any way - hello

      greg
    • Slater Harrison
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2010

        Hello Greg,

        I look forward to seeing the links to the WWPPBB entries, and a long association with the pop pop forum.

        Cheers,

        Slater

        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2010
          Well our fun little event is over-the awards are posted in this thread.

          http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/about29270.html

          Much success -I found this group- your fellows found us at Mamod and Other Steam and the RC Groups now has a bigger awareness of Pop Pop boats

          As long as it is boats powered by steam- I am always having fun!!

          greg