Re: "Putt The Magic Dragon"

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2010
      Thanks for the info.

      Nice restore/retrofit. Add R/C and you'll be good to go!

      I drove down to Maryland last Tuesday to review the final details on our 1/12 scale Fulton engine. With the little DC gear motor we have chosen we decided to go direct drive and eliminate the belt. The hull is plank on frame like youe sailboat. we had originally decided to do 1/8" thk planks. over our discussion we revised to a double layer of 1/16" thk planks offset by a half of plank width. The rational is that if any of the outer joints open up they'll be less conspicuous with the "backer" planks. The unit will be in a lttle museum so these enhancements are both make for a better display.

      If anyone is in the Mid-Hudson Valley area of NY the State's offical installation event is planned for 10:00AM on May 22nd at the Clermont State Historic Site in Germantown, NY. It will be the closure on our two year project.

      regards...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2010

        Cross your fingers and make a wish because I just posted an email to the Tippecanoe company at https://www.modelsailboat.com/index.html to ask if they might be interested in manufacturing pop-pop boats. They manufacture wooden models of sailboats ranging from pond sailers to large radio controlled jobs.

        Best wishes, old Frank