Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Need help from anybody out there in the peanut gallery!

  • Barry Gorman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2006
      I Do Read All Posts But am Not Too
      Good on Model Making But I Do Try ,
                  Barry Gorman
          Hunter Valley NSW  AUSTRALIA
        BarryandPamGorman@...
      ----- Original Message -----
    • WDSmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2006
        Hey!
        Suppose we should build a round thing with a stick through the middle?  Maybe we could call it a "wheel?"

        :-D

        Now, all seriousness aside, how about doing it the way it was once done long ago AKA: the original way??
        As I recall (mostly from cutting my tender young fingers on them) they were fastened with tabs and slots.
         Insert Tab A into Slot B and twist... simple as that and you don't burn the paint.

        Most people will throw up their hands and scream at the thought of such tiny, complex cuts but it ain't no thing if you use electrochemical etching.

        WDSmith

        Frank McNeill wrote:
        Hi All,

        Does anybody still read this stuff? If there are any metal workers or model builders in the audience, please take a look at today's home page image and suggest methods for fastening the pieces for the ship model together, if pieces were made of thin sheet metal, instead of card stock or paper.

        Best wishes. old Frank