Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Need help from anybody out there in the peanutgallery!

  • Ron R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2006
      Hi Frank
      Ya,,  somebody is still reading the Pop-pop groupe news.   Maybe we don't  post as often as we should but we are here.

      As for fastening metal parts together,,  how about a soldering gun and soft solder??  OR,  epoxy --  have to work fast.  Ace Hardware was selling  a glue in a tube especially for metal parts,,  don't know if they  have it now.. should check.    Spot weld? hmmmmm

      I like reading your posts,  keep up the good work.

      best wishes
      Ron Root
      in Perez Zeledon,  Costa Rica where it is raining everyday and all night and the roads are closed due to mud slides ..

      Hi All,

      Does anybody still read this stuff? If there are any metal workers or model builders in the audience, please take a look at today's home page image and suggest methods for fastening the pieces for the ship model together, if pieces were made of thin sheet metal, instead of card stock or paper.

      Best wishes. old Frank