Re: The possibility for converting paper boats into pop-pop boats

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009
      As a workaround, in the past I've somewhat water proofed paper using clear krylon spray paint. For larger boats there is a plastic craft board that is similar to corrugated cardboard that might be useable. One might find sheets at the usual craft stores (I've got a 18"x24" piece with a sale sign printed on it). I think the below folding boat may be made of this material.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQHTmEjuxGs
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2009
        Hi zoomkat,

        In theLinks section see Folder titled "FILM, CORRUGATED PLASTIC and SYNTHETIC PAPER for info re: Corlite, Coroplast and Diversi-Plast. Several phlatforum members use their phlatprinters to cut Coroplast and there are a few discussion groups for people who build RC model planes and boats made of corrugated plastic.