Re: Temperature at the Tip of a Typical Candle Flame

  • jeanyves_renaud
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      The temperature of the flame of a birthday candle is approximately 1600°C/2900°F. But this is not a key factor. What matters for a pop-pop engine (insofar as the temperature is above 100°C/212°F) is the heating power. The one of a birthday candle is approx 30W.

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "WhiteDenims" <kenneth@...> wrote:

      > Have any of our members measured the temperature found at the topmost tip of a common candle fame?

    • WhiteDenims
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
        Thank you.
        The 2900 degrees F is much hotter than I had expected.