Temperature at the Tip of a Typical Candle Flame

  • WhiteDenims
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
      Have any of our members measured the temperature found at the topmost tip of a common candle fame?
    • jeanyves_renaud
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        The temperature of the flame of a birthday candle is approximately 1600°C/2900°F. But this is not a key factor. What matters for a pop-pop engine (insofar as the temperature is above 100°C/212°F) is the heating power. The one of a birthday candle is approx 30W.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
          Thank you.
          The 2900 degrees F is much hotter than I had expected.