Blade engine (rectangular tube.)

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2009
      A while ago we were talking about tube shape and the difficulty of building a wide and thin rectangular tube. Finally managed to build one with a length of 13", width 1 1/2" and ID 3/32". It was not worth the effort. It did run but the performance was miserable. I then divided it in half lengthwise which improved the performance a bit but it now resides in my "interesting waste of time" box as 35mN is not worth much. It seemed (sounded) like most of the water piston was disintegrating about half way down the tube. To be fair this was only one engine so your results could be different. Picture in my photos.

      Hey Tim and Zoomcat, how about an update on what you are up to.