Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] POP-POP CHATTER....

  • Arno
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2009
      I just (literally)came back from a trip to the US,but once I'm over my
      jetlag I'll go full steam(pun intended)ahead with building pop-pop boats
      again.

      best wishes,Arno

      Pete wrote:

      > Where has everyone gone?
      >
      > It's too early to hibernate.
      >
      > Pete

    • darylcanada73
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2009
        Busy in the basement building boats Pete.

        Just put a photo in my album of a toy putt putt boat built by a friend in NZ about 1970 when he was 11. Plans from a magazine he thinks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2009
          Hi Pete and Daryl,

          Mostly I have been hanging out on a discussion forum hosted by Mark and Trish Carew, a married couple who build kits for machines they call phlat printers. There are currently 113 of these machines in the US, UK and elsewhere, cutting sheets of rigid foam to provide parts that can be assembled as models of buildings, mechanisms and radio controlled model airplanes. They are just beginning to produce kits for radio controlled Footy class sailboats and could produce kits for radio controlled pop-pop boats if I am able to generate interest in doing this. Go to http://www.phlatforum.com/ to visit the forum and to http://tinyurl.com/yjutt3t for video clips of their activities.