Re: Something completely different.......

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
      I resent being cast in the roll of a hero. If you had seen as many old B movies as I have you would know that villains are always named Frank, or occasionally Harry. I have never tied damsels to life rafts where they might be rescued. Tying them to anchors or railroad tracks is a lot more effective.

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <p-40.av8r@...> wrote:

      > Hi all.
      >
      > I think was great. Very well made by all concerned.
      >
      > The only thing I felt was missing was a cut scene of Daryl in a huge top hat, and a handlebar moustache, silently laughing in a rather sinister way, with a deco bordered text following, with the words "Wahahahahhahahaaaaa!", cutting to a damsel in distress, tied up to a life raft, about to be mown down by the forthcoming pop pop Titanic. At full pop!, she speeds across the pool!. Cut scene to damsel writhing on life raft, then to deco bordered text, "Heeeeeelp!.....heeeeeelp!" The piano music adds tension..................................... .................... Again Daryl appears. "WAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Only to be saved, at the very last second, by our hero Frank. Foiled again, in his dastardly pop pop plans, Daryl retreats back to the safety of the edge of the pool, to contemplate his next cunning, dastardly, and ingenious pop pop plan!
      > Our heroes lived happily ever after, and had many a pleasant pop pop cruise. The last being in the Bermuda triangle.
      >
      > Sure, it is tragic that so many lost their lives, hopefully, those responsible learned their lessons well. I take it in the vein it was meant.
      >
      > Well done Daryl.
      >
      > Tim
      >

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here, as intended, this video would be considered wry humour, and
      > > that is different than a joke. The poor design, questionable owner management and the Captains serious lack of good judgment are all
      > > there for the viewer. The last scene with its scrolling title is certainly no joke. Bottom line:- There was a warning, and of course
      > > you are entitled to your opinion.
      > >
      > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
      > > > Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of bad design and management at work.

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
        Hi Frank and all.

        I will do some more work on the casting in future. I learned my casting abilities off the person who did the casting for the Highlander movies. They cast Sean Connery as a Spaniard called Miguel or something, that was living in Russia, and happened to be in Scotland. Or something like that.
        I think Daryl's submarine could be a star in another movie. "K19 Poppopmaker" The story of a Canadian sub on its maiden voyage. They run into problems when the tea light reactor gets to hot. The motor dries out and the solder has melted, and the motor is leaking! The crew brave proximity to the tea light to repair it.
        Or perhaps "The hunt for Red Poptober". Another film where Sean Connery was badly cast.

        All the best.

        Tim