Re: Something completely different.......

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
      Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
      Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of bad design and management at work.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
        Not at all Frank - that was an awful night, and I wouldn't want either a
        toy or a movie to stir up pain.

        Bravo for making a silent movie - with piano track - in which a pop-pop is
        the Star. (White Star in this case.)

        > Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
        > Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of
        > bad design and management at work.
        >
        > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...>
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> BRAVO! David 1/2d

      • darylcanada73
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
          Thanks David.... Glad you got the "Silent Movie" part. The gentleman who did it is an 80 year old music professor and my neighbour who has written and performed sound tracks for radio (Among many other things) and his father actually played in the silent movie theaters..Daryl.

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
            Here, as intended, this video would be considered wry humour, and
            that is different than a joke. The poor design, questionable owner management and the Captains serious lack of good judgment are all
            there for the viewer. The last scene with its scrolling title is certainly no joke. Bottom line:- There was a warning, and of course
            you are entitled to your opinion.

            --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

            > Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
            > Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of bad design and management at work.
            >
            > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > BRAVO! David 1/2d

          • Tim
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
              Hi all.

              I think was great. Very well made by all concerned.

              The only thing I felt was missing was a cut scene of Daryl in a huge top hat, and a handlebar moustache, silently laughing in a rather sinister way, with a deco bordered text following, with the words "Wahahahahhahahaaaaa!", cutting to a damsel in distress, tied up to a life raft, about to be mown down by the forthcoming pop pop Titanic. At full pop!, she speeds across the pool!. Cut scene to damsel writhing on life raft, then to deco bordered text, "Heeeeeelp!.....heeeeeelp!" The piano music adds tension..................................... .................... Again Daryl appears. "WAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Only to be saved, at the very last second, by our hero Frank. Foiled again, in his dastardly pop pop plans, Daryl retreats back to the safety of the edge of the pool, to contemplate his next cunning, dastardly, and ingenious pop pop plan!
              Our heroes lived happily ever after, and had many a pleasant pop pop cruise. The last being in the Bermuda triangle.

              Sure, it is tragic that so many lost their lives, hopefully, those responsible learned their lessons well. I take it in the vein it was meant.

              Well done Daryl.

              Tim

              > Here, as intended, this video would be considered wry humour, and
              > that is different than a joke. The poor design, questionable owner management and the Captains serious lack of good judgment are all
              > there for the viewer. The last scene with its scrolling title is certainly no joke. Bottom line:- There was a warning, and of course
              > you are entitled to your opinion.
              >
              > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
              > > Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of bad design and management at work.
              > >
              > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > BRAVO! David 1/2d

            • darylcanada73
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
                Tim, Wish I had thought of that. Maybe in another video. I need a good writer. Are you interested? Thanks, Daryl.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
                  I resent being cast in the roll of a hero. If you had seen as many old B movies as I have you would know that villains are always named Frank, or occasionally Harry. I have never tied damsels to life rafts where they might be rescued. Tying them to anchors or railroad tracks is a lot more effective.

                  --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <p-40.av8r@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all.
                  >
                  > I think was great. Very well made by all concerned.
                  >
                  > The only thing I felt was missing was a cut scene of Daryl in a huge top hat, and a handlebar moustache, silently laughing in a rather sinister way, with a deco bordered text following, with the words "Wahahahahhahahaaaaa!", cutting to a damsel in distress, tied up to a life raft, about to be mown down by the forthcoming pop pop Titanic. At full pop!, she speeds across the pool!. Cut scene to damsel writhing on life raft, then to deco bordered text, "Heeeeeelp!.....heeeeeelp!" The piano music adds tension..................................... .................... Again Daryl appears. "WAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Only to be saved, at the very last second, by our hero Frank. Foiled again, in his dastardly pop pop plans, Daryl retreats back to the safety of the edge of the pool, to contemplate his next cunning, dastardly, and ingenious pop pop plan!
                  > Our heroes lived happily ever after, and had many a pleasant pop pop cruise. The last being in the Bermuda triangle.
                  >
                  > Sure, it is tragic that so many lost their lives, hopefully, those responsible learned their lessons well. I take it in the vein it was meant.
                  >
                  > Well done Daryl.
                  >
                  > Tim
                  >

                  > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Here, as intended, this video would be considered wry humour, and
                  > > that is different than a joke. The poor design, questionable owner management and the Captains serious lack of good judgment are all
                  > > there for the viewer. The last scene with its scrolling title is certainly no joke. Bottom line:- There was a warning, and of course
                  > > you are entitled to your opinion.
                  > >
                  > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Bravo for what David, turning the sinking of the Titanic into a joke?
                  > > > Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic for a tragic example of bad design and management at work.

                • Tim
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
                    Hi Frank and all.

                    I will do some more work on the casting in future. I learned my casting abilities off the person who did the casting for the Highlander movies. They cast Sean Connery as a Spaniard called Miguel or something, that was living in Russia, and happened to be in Scotland. Or something like that.
                    I think Daryl's submarine could be a star in another movie. "K19 Poppopmaker" The story of a Canadian sub on its maiden voyage. They run into problems when the tea light reactor gets to hot. The motor dries out and the solder has melted, and the motor is leaking! The crew brave proximity to the tea light to repair it.
                    Or perhaps "The hunt for Red Poptober". Another film where Sean Connery was badly cast.

                    All the best.

                    Tim