Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] There are nineteen of us now

  • Russ R
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
      Nice touch to welcome members, Frank!

      I might point out that K1HOP are my "ham radio" call letters... which I've had since 1958.  There are many "hams" in these groups, so I'm sure you will see others who use their call signs as their ID.

      Obviously, I have lots of interest and experience in radio and electronics too (also have PhD in EE), so hope I can help in some ways.

      Russ

      Frank McNeill <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:
      k1hop is our nineteenth member, scared me at first
      because I thought it had something to to with the
      International House of Pancakes where Charles Manson
      and his gang of nutcases used to hang out. False alarm
      though, our k1hop is a machinist, welder, etc., who
      could be real useful when we start talking about how
      to produce radio controllable models that have real
      steam engines of the simplest kind inside.
      Thanks for joining us Russ.

      Best wishes to all, old Frank

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
        Thanks Russ,

        We have another crew member on the good ship
        lollypop-pop- steamboats who uses his call sign as a
        Yahoo ID, Dale Hayes, also known as kd7lyn. We have at
        least one additional member with a phD.
        There might be others on board hiding their lights
        under bushels, but my bamboo guru, Dr. Cherla Sastry
        is also a member of our motley little crue.
        It seems that I am in the same category as president
        bush. A TV
        comedian remarked that bush isn't very smart, but had
        been smart enough to surround himself with smart
        people, the way a hole surrounds itself with a donut.

        Best wishes to all, and to all a good night, old Frank

        http://mail.yahoo.com