Re: Inside Indian engine?

    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 9, 2009

      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjE_wRtvA5c
      >
      > Hey Zoomkat, that is exactly what I have been wondering.
      >
      > Separating out the diaphragm not only takes it way from the direct heat, it
      > also provides a separate "air spring" for the resonance - and of course its
      > volume may well be a critical part of the design.
      >
      > I would like to know how the Frequency of pops corresponds to power output,
      > but I'm not expecting a simple answer.
      >
      > David 1/2d

      What I find of probably more interest is that the detached diaphram setup may well be serving as a controlled steam condensing unit. I've started another discussion on the pop pop condensation cycle. The engine in the video is very similar to an idea I have for a stand off condensing unit for a larger engine.