Re: Home page image

    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 30, 2009
      A follow up to the support....3 new pictures uploaded th the Fulton's Followers folder.

      All of the milled spokes and crescents were delivered to me at work. Two local machine shops donated their time to mill the notches that weren't able to do be done with the laser cutting process. the assemblies are comprised of the set-up hub from Florida, 8 spokes and 16 crescent pieces that were laser cut in Massachusetts and milled locally. They all assembled with out the necessity of tweaking. I used the minimum of hardware, just enough to hold the assembly together. It's hard to tell but in the one image I assembled the splice joint with two different approaches. At Approx 12:00 o'clock I assembled the bolt with its head up and no washer. At approximate 3:00 o'clock the bolt is assembled with the head on the far side with a flat washer and nut on the near side. Aesthetically I favor the washer and nut on the far side. The axle clamp (the silver disk)were made in Maryland. They will have the nut and washer on the outside. The test axle was made by a friend here in Woodstock.For reference the dimension across the spokes (end to end) is 15".