Re: Mini/Micro torches

  • sydneygreenestreet
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 29 2:38 AM
      I have one of these little torches and they are ok.... I had trouble silversoldering a 1/4" brass washer onto a 1" length of 1/4" brass round though. Maybe excellent for jewelry....
      I find that silver soldering with the solder that is 45% silver is simple if you apply just enough flux to the parts you want to join then put a few small chips of solder in the position you want it to "run" from and heat the whole job untill the solder runs and it will only go where you have fluxed. I have used it this way to make pressure gauges and other fine work.