There are nineteen of us now

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28 7:11 PM
      k1hop is our nineteenth member, scared me at first
      because I thought it had something to to with the
      International House of Pancakes where Charles Manson
      and his gang of nutcases used to hang out. False alarm
      though, our k1hop is a machinist, welder, etc., who
      could be real useful when we start talking about how
      to produce radio controllable models that have real
      steam engines of the simplest kind inside.
      Thanks for joining us Russ.

      Best wishes to all, old Frank

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Russ R
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28 9:57 PM
        Nice touch to welcome members, Frank!

        I might point out that K1HOP are my "ham radio" call letters... which I've had since 1958.  There are many "hams" in these groups, so I'm sure you will see others who use their call signs as their ID.

        Obviously, I have lots of interest and experience in radio and electronics too (also have PhD in EE), so hope I can help in some ways.

        Russ

        Frank McNeill <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:
        k1hop is our nineteenth member, scared me at first
        because I thought it had something to to with the
        International House of Pancakes where Charles Manson
        and his gang of nutcases used to hang out. False alarm
        though, our k1hop is a machinist, welder, etc., who
        could be real useful when we start talking about how
        to produce radio controllable models that have real
        steam engines of the simplest kind inside.
        Thanks for joining us Russ.

        Best wishes to all, old Frank

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29 1:18 AM
          Thanks Russ,

          We have another crew member on the good ship
          lollypop-pop- steamboats who uses his call sign as a
          Yahoo ID, Dale Hayes, also known as kd7lyn. We have at
          least one additional member with a phD.
          There might be others on board hiding their lights
          under bushels, but my bamboo guru, Dr. Cherla Sastry
          is also a member of our motley little crue.
          It seems that I am in the same category as president
          bush. A TV
          comedian remarked that bush isn't very smart, but had
          been smart enough to surround himself with smart
          people, the way a hole surrounds itself with a donut.

          Best wishes to all, and to all a good night, old Frank

          http://mail.yahoo.com