Re: Questions

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 22 6:23 PM

      Shawn,

      Thanks for pointing me to Marc's Link.  It took a while to find it.  He has a lot of good info.

      Our designs are very similar even down to materials and some of the wording.  Marc has obviously done more work on the finish product than I have. He has hole size, vent hole and the filler tube all figured out. No sense in reinventing the wheel. Use the best of all worlds.

      The cotton ball idea is to minimize spill out when handling the boat after lighting. I suppose that an oil lamp wick could also be coiled inside the engine for the same effect. Both would reduce useable capacity for fuel but I think may be a little safer. I also made my design removeable to facilitate experimenting with orifice size. You could have a set of caps with various holes drilled. It would also be portable for sharing with more than one boat. I haven't built boat or burner yet so I'm kind of thinking out loud.

      ENJOY

      Pete