Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Pie pan experiment

Expand Messages
  • zoomkat
    I did my first test with my pie pan boiler last night. I got to test until one of the JBWeld pipe attachments failed. I rebonded it for some more testing. I
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2009
      I did my first test with my pie pan boiler last night. I got to test until one of the JBWeld pipe attachments failed. I rebonded it for some more testing. I put pictures of the rig in my pictures folder. I used plastic tubing for the main exhaust pipes (cheap, easy to use, and I can actually see what is happening inside the pipes). In the end the boiler dried out after adding a second can of sterno as a heat source. There was a period of strong pumping action at an ~2HZ rate. Next test I will shorten the tubes to see if there is a performance change. Having a clear section on an exhaust pipe is interesting to see what is happening at the pipe exit.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.