Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: Sardine can boat

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hey Frank,

      frankmcneilll wrote:

      >Hi Greg in PA,
      >
      >Welcome to the group and thanks for joining and posting.
      >Buzz's Boatyard in the links section. Click on Pop Pop Boats and scroll down for a picture of the Titanic, currently listed for eighteen bucks.

      Thanks for the heads up on Buzz's. My thing though is that the local
      hobby shop has it and I prefer to get stuff from them when I can in
      order to keep them in business. I also fly control-line planes and do
      other stuff and like to support local shops. Problem is they are
      getting scarce in my area. When I was a kid I was in bike riding
      distance of 4 hobby shops and bus riding distance to 1. Out of those
      only one is still in business but they changed focus to be a fishing
      tackle/bait shop. The only 2 "real" hobby shops left are a good 20
      minute drive away, not counting the Hobby Town chain store that doesn't
      really carry anything for folks who like to build their own stuff.

      Sorry about the rant; in fact I would probaby suspect that the Titanic
      at Trains and Lanes came from Buzz's as they are an importer. For most
      folks the internet is probably the only way to get pop-pop boats, not to
      mention control-line flying stuff like I mess with. Thing is, if I had
      not seen that pop-pop boat at the local hobby shop I might not have
      gotten interested in the subject and found the group!

      Later,
      Greg in PA