Inexpensive R/C?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2009
      Just wondering if anybody has used the components from small R/C cars like below to operate a rudder on a pop pop boat. I have one of these mini cars but the electromagnet setup that operates the front wheels is pretty weak. I took a quick look at WalMart and they have small R/C cars that are larger (~8 inchs long) for $6. Not sure how the left/right steering works in these larger cars, but the price is reasonable.

      http://www.raidentech.com/minirccars.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2009
        Hi Zoomkat,

        In the files section check Daryl's Video Files for video titled
        RC Putt Putt HQ SM.wmv made by filming a boat with R/C steering Daryl reported having borrowed from his grandson's R/C car.
        There is also a file titled Rembolds rc pop-pop for you to check into.