Don't think I'm being slack

  • sydneygreenestreet
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2009
      I'm beavering away.... Tried a 3" dia x 6 coil boiler and it works well but not sure that it would drive anything large enough to even hold the gas bottle. I'm going to try and make a setup where the boiler is below water level making the external water pressure assist in the "suck back in" stage, concevable in a displacement hull.
      Bought a milling machine the other day off Ebay. Chinese manufacture, brushless DC motor; at this stage it works superbly.....
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2009
        Hi Sydney,

        I posted a new home page picture to suggest how you might use pop-pop power to propel your canoe. Beavering is not the solution. Think more along the lines of teams of draft animals like mules, dogs or pop-pop boats for pulling a wagon, sled or canoe.

        Best wishes, Frank