New Members

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2009
      Welcome to our new members,

      As you'll soon learn we are a diverse group of individuals with a lot of talent and knowledge. There is a large range of experience fro "newbies" to the "scientist".

      Please write a little message about yourself and what you hope to learn and share with Pop-Pop.

      Again, WELCOME!

      Pete Baker
    • dave seeton
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2009
        Hello
        I am retired. I have 3 loves in life, my wife of 45 yrs, Golf, & woodworking(boat building)
        I thought the Pop-Pop's might be fun.
        Dave Seeton

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2009
          Hi Dave,

          Sorry about the delay, but I am delighted to have you as a member of the group.
          You asked about finding a specific picture without going through all of the pictures. As far as I know, Yahoo groups has not provided a method for doing that. The alternative would be to go to the photos section and look for albums posted by the member who mentions having posted a photo. There are about two dozen albums, so that won't take very long.
          In the links section check out a link to BUZZ'S BOATYARD to find out why kids might not be playing with the same type of imported tinplate pop-pop boats many of our members played with when they were kids. There was an alternative source in the UK for pop-pop boats with wooden hulls until sometime during March when sales were suspended. Farther down in the links section you will find a link to Tony Green Steam Model with a notice about this suspension.

          Best wishes, Frank

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > I am retired. I have 3 loves in life, my wife of 45 yrs, Golf, & woodworking(boat building)
          > I thought the Pop-Pop's might be fun.
          > Dave Seeton

        • Arno
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2009
            Guess it's time for me then:
            I stumbled upon the pop-pop boats(Slaters great site)by researching
            simple steam-engines.My interests are(among others) 19th-early 20th
            century technology,metal-working and ships.So you can imagine my delight
            when I found out about these boats.
            I hope to learn building boats that look as good as Daryll Canada's.

            best wishes,Arno

            Pete B. wrote:

            > Welcome to our new members,
            >
            > As you'll soon learn we are a diverse group of individuals with a lot
            > of talent and knowledge. There is a large range of experience fro
            > "newbies" to the "scientist".
            >
            > Please write a little message about yourself and what you hope to
            > learn and share with Pop-Pop.
            >
            > Again, WELCOME!
            >
            > Pete Baker

          • MZT.Groups
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
              > Welcome to our new members,
              >
              > As you'll soon learn we are a diverse group of individuals
              > with a lot of talent and knowledge. There is a large range of
              > experience fro "newbies" to the "scientist".
              >
              > Please write a little message about yourself and what you
              > hope to learn and share with Pop-Pop.
              >
              > Again, WELCOME!
              >
              > Pete Baker

              OK, aint "new": I've been lurking here for over a year and a half...
              I'm interested into greasing my fingers and making metal chips, the main
              excuse to that being the construction of some kind of model steam engine
              (and of the tools I need to make them, or speed up the production of the
              next one).
              Cannot recall how I happened to find this group: I joined immediately
              because pop-pop engines were something I knew nothing about.
              Now, I am not sure I'd need a pipe bending machine to make a working
              pop-pop. Sure, if I had one I could ....
              ...You see how it goes. Ever.

              Marcello