Re: Navy Photo

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009
      Nope, never heard of it before. There is a Bremerton navy yard, but the locals don't call it that according to my good friend Google.
      Go to http://tinyurl.com/kqgh3b for more.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009
        It had a different name in the 1940s, but now it's Puget Sound Naval
        Shipyard. When I lived (briefly) in Bremerton back in 1981, the
        Enterprise was being refitted, including replacing her reactors (cut a
        hole five stories high in the side of the hull, pull the old core and
        containment out, put the new one in, and button up the hull -- repeat
        eight times). Some biggish machine tools involved, too -- picture a
        test fixture for dynamic balancing a screw forty feet in diameter and
        weighing several tens of tons...

        A little big for pop-pop power, I think...

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009