Navy Photo

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12 12:12 AM
      Found this photo taken by my father-in-law who was a navy photographer.
      On the back it says, "Bremberton Navy Yard, 194?, testing new McNeill
      life vest." Do you know anything about this Frank?
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12 3:48 AM
        Nope, never heard of it before. There is a Bremerton navy yard, but the locals don't call it that according to my good friend Google.
        Go to http://tinyurl.com/kqgh3b for more.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12 4:11 AM
          It had a different name in the 1940s, but now it's Puget Sound Naval
          Shipyard. When I lived (briefly) in Bremerton back in 1981, the
          Enterprise was being refitted, including replacing her reactors (cut a
          hole five stories high in the side of the hull, pull the old core and
          containment out, put the new one in, and button up the hull -- repeat
          eight times). Some biggish machine tools involved, too -- picture a
          test fixture for dynamic balancing a screw forty feet in diameter and
          weighing several tens of tons...

          A little big for pop-pop power, I think...

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12 4:45 AM