The Latest Home Page Picture

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2009

      The picture is a composite that shows a wooden craft item and two pop-pop boats cut and pasted from Rakesh Giri's website- and a wooden hull and unit pop-pop engine cut from Tony Green's website. Anyone who has visited Buzz's Boatyard at http://www.buzzboats.com/poppop.htm or similar websites probably suspects that the era of imported tin pop-pop boats as toys is about to go the way of the Dodo Bird. Tony Green Steam provided a safer alternative with no sharp edges or lead based paint before sales were suspended in March of this year and Rakesh Giri might provide a similar source for wooden hulls and unit engines with a bit of encouragement to do so. Anyone who would like to contact him could refer to post #1602 for his email address.

      Best wishes,
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2009
        I thought that I'd post a photo of Old Frank's boat. It's a "Work in Progress"!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2009
          It's a special design Pete, for use with Daryl's short leg Stealth outboard motor. With somebody on board, this boat will sink enough so the Stealth's propeller can operate underwater, instead of over it.

          Old Frank

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...> wrote:

          > I thought that I'd post a photo of Old Frank's boat. It's a "Work in Progress"!
          >
          > Pete

        • darylcanada73
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2009
            Sort of "scraping the bottom of the bowl" with this one Pete. On the other hand, at least it is a post to the forum and I'm glad to hear that we still have some living members.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2009

              Daryl,

              Sorry! I can't take credit for this one. Old Frank was caught in a whirlpool of all of the message board activity.

              It's strange how all of the message board activities have peaks and valley. I follow 4 or 5 groups that have the same trend.

              How are things up in Canada? Here in the Catskills of NY we have had 30+ days of rain during the months of June & July. I can't mow the grass so I decided to grow rice.

              Hope all is well with all of the members of our POP-POP "family".

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2009

                I thought you might like this picture of Pete launching his new boat.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 30, 2009

                  Frank,

                  You're slipping!  I posted that image a few months ago as looking like Daryl's test pond for all of his fabulous boats. Remember his tethers and the boats going round & round?

                  In any case it's still an appropriate image for Pop-Pop's.

                  Keep your boiler stoked!