Re: Something new.

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
      Pete,

      Thanks. A sidewheeler is on the drawing board. It's not high on the priority list because it is really hard to make them go fast (comparatively) ....and.....it would be really hard to tow around my pond and video just to mess with Frank and Papa.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hi Daryl,

        Go to http://tinyurl.com/ng7knr for a You Tube movie that might suggest a method for making movies of pop-pop boats without all the bother of actually making real pop-pop boats.

        Old Frank (wink, wink)

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
          Daryl,

          I can't let you use speed or lack of it to be your deterent. The North River (CLERMONT) had a speed of 4-6 MPH. That' a boat of approx 150ft long with a 20 HP steam engine.

          Kidding aside, I please that yo at least have it on the drawing board. Perhaps I'll finish my copper & brass "CLERMONT" about the same time you hav an engine ready.

          Regards,