Something new.

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009
      Just uploaded to Youtube: Part 2- Canadian Putt Putt Boats. This has more content than the first one. Hope you find it interesting and will pass it on to anyone you think might also be interested. I need viewers. The link is below or you can search under the title above. Thanks Chaps.

      Daryl.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvlM-_glZ_g
    • KENNETH TAIT SR.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009
        Daryl,

        Are you sure your not pulling the boats around with that line? ;-)

        Papa Tait Seekonk,Ma.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009
          Hi Papa Tait,

          My guess is that Daryl used his stealth outboard to stir the water and used the line to keep his boats from "going along with the flow."

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009

            Hi Daryl,

            I'm impressed. You have quite a collection of boats and engines. I especially like your paddlewheeler. How about a sidewheeler?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
              Pete,

              Thanks. A sidewheeler is on the drawing board. It's not high on the priority list because it is really hard to make them go fast (comparatively) ....and.....it would be really hard to tow around my pond and video just to mess with Frank and Papa.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
                Hi Daryl,

                Go to http://tinyurl.com/ng7knr for a You Tube movie that might suggest a method for making movies of pop-pop boats without all the bother of actually making real pop-pop boats.

                Old Frank (wink, wink)

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
                  Daryl,

                  I can't let you use speed or lack of it to be your deterent. The North River (CLERMONT) had a speed of 4-6 MPH. That' a boat of approx 150ft long with a 20 HP steam engine.

                  Kidding aside, I please that yo at least have it on the drawing board. Perhaps I'll finish my copper & brass "CLERMONT" about the same time you hav an engine ready.

                  Regards,