hello all

  • Diogo Rembold
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28 8:13 PM
      Im Diogo, new member

      Im new in this hobby too,
      since kid I ve heard about my father favorite toy, the pop pop boat, I became curious about it, but there was no one (in Brasil ) to see (im 30). Searching internet, I found some projects and built my own with cooper coil foam (depron) hull and olive oil fuel, not so fast, no pop pop sound, but I felt in love with it. A few months ago a friend told me that found selling them in the net, simple and small ,imported from India. It arrived and imediately put it in my pool and fired the candle, I coudnt belive how fast and how loud and beautiful the pop sound was. Im actually an airplane modeler, and have a tiny featherweight radio control sistem from a micro model, I took it from the plane and put it on the boat, Its now a lot of fun, I will put photos and a video soon, unfortunately I run it for too many times and the boiler brass membrane gone damaged, so I replaced it with beer can aluminum, the pop pop sound is now almost inaudible :( , but the speed increased! even with some leaks???

      Diogo
    • rakesh giri
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29 4:07 AM
        Hallo,Namastey.
        I am from India my name is Rakesh Giri and I am manufacturer  of this toys steam boat. I am my own workshop where 100pcs. of this boats become ready everyday.I export these boats to my overseas buyer in UK,Spain,NewZealand,Australia and France . All my best quality boats sells in everseas countries.
        If you want to know any information about this iteam can contact me. I will be happy to help you. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29 6:17 AM
          Hi Diogo,

          Welcome to the group. There have not been many messages for a while, but we have a lot of material in files, photos and links sections.
          You live in a country blessed with hardwood and bamboo forests that could provide alternatives to tinplate and foam for the construction of small model boats. For bamboo sources you might contact Raphael Moras de Vasconcellos at one or more of these addresses:
          raphael@... / www.bambubrasileiro.com
          <http://www.bambubrasileiro.com/>
          raphael@... / www.agenciabambu.com.br
          <http://www.agenciabambu.com.br/>

          Best wishes, Frank McNeill

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29 10:16 AM
            Hi Rakesh,

            Thank you for your introduction to the group. A link to your company,
            GIRI & GIRI EXPORTS, has been added to the links section. Links to businesses and websites belonging to our members are bumped up to the top of the listing.
            NOTE TO ALL: We have a manufacturer of pop-pop boats and other items made of wood and tin as a member of the group. If you have any ideas of the "why don't they make" type, this might be an opportune time to suggest them to Rakesh.

            Best wishes to all, old Frank

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30 6:20 PM
              Thanks Frank and Rakesh,

              Good hint Frank, Im enjoyng this group, im learnig a lot!

              first question: what kind of solder can I use to fix leaks in the boiler?