Larsen Articulated Oar

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009
      Good Morning & HAPPY FATHER's DAY!

      I added the new home page picture in keeping with a theme of Marine Oddities from the past. Frank posted info on the KITCHEN RUDDER system a while back. Daryl posted his "short Shaft" outboard.

      If you look in the photo Section "RUMSEY" you can see an actul application of this rowing system. The boat belongs to a member of the Rumseian Society in Shepherdstown, WV. This boat was trailered to NY along with the Experiment by a group of enthusiast who helped celebration the 200th Anniversary of the Fulton Steamboat.

      Are there other oddities out there? "Marine Oddities" Frank!