If a tree falls.........

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
      If a putt putt engine without a diaphragm is mounted on a test raft and running in a test tank could anyone hear it?

      SOUND ON........see files.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
        Too cryptic for me!

        I've looked all through the Files with no luck.

        Unlike New Photos, New Files (on the Home Page) doesn't go to the File
        itself.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
          Hi David,

          Click on Files, Folder titled Daryl's Video Files and PMPM 2 Raft Test.wmv Noisy putt putt without diaphragm.

          Best wishes from the crypt keeper, old Frank
          see my latest photos at http://tinyurl.com/rxmbww

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009

            Good morning Daryl,

            I couldn't open your video file directly. I had to copy it to "my videos" on my local C drive. It then opened. I did hear the pop-pop sounds.

            I enjoy following your work (and play). Thanks for sharing with the group.

            I headed to the Roundout Creek in Kingston, NY. I plan on taking lots of pictures. As part of the Hudson-Fulton-Champlain Quadricentennial Celebration there is a flotilla of sailing ship replicas and old boats navigation the Hudson fron NYC to Albany. Replicas of the Columbus's NINA & PINTA are tied up at the docks at the Hudson River Maritime Museum. http://www.hrmm.org/ . The replica of Henry Hudson's HALF MOON is slated to arrive early next week. NBC News just said that there are 300 boats involved in the flotilla.

            June 10th is the big day for Kingston's "sail in". Unfortunately Fulton's NORTH RIVER has not been relicated. The closet thing is the 7.5 ft model (http://www.timeinscale.com/) that I provided drawings for and my Fulton engine project that is being developed.

            Regards,

            > If a putt putt engine without a diaphragm is mounted on a test raft and running in a test tank could anyone hear it?
            >
            > SOUND ON........see files.

          • Daryl Foster
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2009
              Hey Frank.......Saw your photos. Hope you feel as good as you look.

              Click on Files, Folder titled Daryl's Video Files and PMPM 2 Raft Test.wmv Noisy putt putt without diaphragm.

              Best wishes from the crypt keeper, old Frank
              see my latest photos at http://tinyurl.com/rxmbww

              --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny" <dh1@...> wrote:

              > Too cryptic for me!
              >
              > I've looked all through the Files with no luck.
              >
              > Unlike New Photos, New Files (on the Home Page) doesn't go to the File
              > itself.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:pop-pop-steamboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:pop-pop-steamboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups..com

                  http://docs.yahoo..com/info/terms/

              Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!