Re: Bread & Butter

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      Hi Pete,

      Your information about staining layers of bowls and lampshades
      suggests the possibility for using slightly different stains to make
      bread and butter hulls look like they are covered by planks.
      I posted the image because of the possibility for sandwiching square
      propulsion tubes for gurgle-gurgle boats between layers, but your
      information provides a second reason for using the bread and butter
      method to build small working models of old wooden steamships.
      Your file "CLERMONT-POPULAR MECHANICS.PDF" provides a third reason
      because it has plans and instructions for building a model of the
      Clermont with thin upper and lower sections "bread and butter" again.

      Best wishes, Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "northriver07"

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006

        I found an image that shows lofting lines and part of a hull that fit in
        with the previous posts about bread & butter construction and staining
        layers to give the appearance of a planked hull. The bit about jam is not
        a suggestion for staining layers with jam. It's about a jam that I'm in with
        AT&T which I will resolve by looking for another Internet service provider
        as soon as my AT&T connection is turned off today, or maybe tomorrow.

        Best wishes, Frank

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>