Re: Bread & Butter

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 6:40 AM
      Hi Pete,

      Your information about staining layers of bowls and lampshades
      suggests the possibility for using slightly different stains to make
      bread and butter hulls look like they are covered by planks.
      I posted the image because of the possibility for sandwiching square
      propulsion tubes for gurgle-gurgle boats between layers, but your
      information provides a second reason for using the bread and butter
      method to build small working models of old wooden steamships.
      Your file "CLERMONT-POPULAR MECHANICS.PDF" provides a third reason
      because it has plans and instructions for building a model of the
      Clermont with thin upper and lower sections "bread and butter" again.

      Best wishes, Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "northriver07"

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
        Hi All,

        I found an image that shows lofting lines and part of a hull that fit in
        with the previous posts about bread & butter construction and staining
        layers to give the appearance of a planked hull. The bit about jam is not
        a suggestion for staining layers with jam. It's about a jam that I'm in with
        AT&T which I will resolve by looking for another Internet service provider
        as soon as my AT&T connection is turned off today, or maybe tomorrow.

        Best wishes, Frank

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>