Re: RC Putt Putt

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 38 , May 15, 2009
      Just in case you were wondering............
      Finally got around to trying articulated tubes for steering.
      It did not seem to affect the operation of the engine and the boat would turn, but, to get it to turn well would require more precise engineering than I was interested in doing.

      > Putting the exhaust in a tube would, I guess, be a bad idea since the intake of water is forced in the same direction as the output, I think the boat would hardly move at all.
      > Paul

      > > Articulated nozzles could work better and might keep the water jets more intact. Perhaps a reasonably simple way would be to use short sections of larger diameter tube installed over the exhaust tubes and attached similarly to the rudders I used.
      > >
      > > Did any of you try this?

      Daryl
      Message 38 of 38 , May 16, 2009
        Daryl,

        Thanks for the update. SOunds like an interesting project. Keep us posted.