When Pigs Fly

    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2009
      Good news folks! Pete Baker has designed a flying pop-pop pig to protect the nation from Swine Flu. If that doesn't work, the pop-pop pig can also be used as a corkscrew.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2009

        I can't take credit as much as I wish I had the talent. I ran across the ornament in searching for a source of copper and brass sheet stock.

        Here's the website: www.whimsie.com/mythical.html

        > Good news folks! Pete Baker has designed a flying pop-pop pig to protect the nation from Swine Flu. If that doesn't work, the pop-pop pig can also be used as a corkscrew.

      • Richard Mundy
        Message 3 of 10 , May 8, 2009
          this would make a terrific pop pop boat, and I know exactly where the exhaust tubes should go. (Sorry to bring an element of crudity to the group),
          Dick

          Message 4 of 10 , May 8, 2009
            Hey Dick,

            That would definitely put a new spin on Pop-Pops!

            Pete

            --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Mundy"

            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2009
              Maybe we should apply for a patent before somebody else claims to be the inventor of F-A-R-T "forward-and-rear-tubes" propulsion.

              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2009
                Hi Frank/all,

                To be serious, pop pop powered floating animal toys like a beaver penguin or seal could be a comercial possibility, but the pig is definately the one I would choose. Why should it always be boats?

                Dick

                Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2009
                  Hi Dick and anybody else still awake at 10:00 PM. The latest home page picture shows another possibility, Moby Duck, the prehistoric pop-pop accomplice of Godzilla, photographed during its latest attack on a defenseless seaport by intrepid newspaper reporter, Clark Kent.

                  --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Mundy" <coracles18@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Frank/all,
                  >
                  > To be serious, pop pop powered floating animal toys like a beaver penguin or seal could be a comercial possibility, but the pig is definately the one I would choose. Why should it always be boats?
                  >
                  > Dick
                  >

                  > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Maybe we should apply for a patent before somebody else claims to be the inventor of F-A-R-T "forward-and-rear-tubes" propulsion.
                  > >

                  > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Mundy" <coracles18@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi All,
                  > > > this would make a terrific pop pop boat, and I know exactly where the exhaust tubes should go. (Sorry to bring an element of crudity to the group),
                  > > > Dick

                • Joe Vella-Caruana
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 9, 2009
                    Here is a good one Dick and all:
                    Subject: FW: A GOOD ONE!!

                    It was once said that a black man would  become president

                    "when pigs fly."

                    Yes, indeed, 100  days into Obama's presidency……. sure enough,  swine  flu!

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 10, 2009
                      Hi Joe,

                      I would not touch that one with a ten-foot pole, even if I did know a ten-foot pole.

                      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Vella-Caruana" <jvc@...> wrote:

                      > Here is a good one Dick and all:
                      > Subject: FW: A GOOD ONE!!

                      > It was once said that a black man would become president
                      >
                      > "when pigs fly."
                      >
                      > Yes, indeed, 100 days into Obama's presidency... sure enough, swine flu!

                    • Johan Pretorius
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 10, 2009
                        Hi Everyone,
                            I could help 2 chuckle when I saw the heading " When Pigs Fly".    I've noticed they already flown....."Swine flu" have been in the news.
                          Cheers,
                             Johan Pretorius.