Re: RC Putt Putt

    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 18, 2009
      Pete....Started with a horizontal rectangle of about 2 sq in then added a vertical square for a total of about 3 sq in. I agree with bow rudder and it is already on my list of things to think about and maybe do if RC becomes more interesting than SPEED.

      Daryl,

      I'm thinking that a long narrow horizontal rudder in the stern might work. Let's say your rudder was a strip 4" long by 1" high. If the pivot shaft was attached at one end, as a pennant on a flag pole. it seems that your boat might pivot or turn in a tighter radius.

      The bow rudder would probably give you the tightest turn. The down side, at least on a real boat, is vunerabilty to what ever happens to be in the way and is one of the most fragile members of a boat. At least in the stern it's somewhat protected by th hull itself.

      Plenty of material for experimentation.

      Unless you have a wide open area I'd worry about speed after you have a viable steering system in place. Then again "speed" is a relative term!

      ENJOY,

      Message 38 of 38 , May 16, 2009
        Daryl,

        Thanks for the update. SOunds like an interesting project. Keep us posted.