Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: RC Putt Putt

    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 17, 2009
      From: "lordbthry" <lordbthry@...>
      Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 11:48 AM

      > Putting the exhaust in a tube would, I guess, be a bad idea since the
      > intake of water is forced in the same direction as the output, I think
      > the boat would hardly move at all.

      That's a misunderstanding of the way the engines work.

      The in stroke of a steam engine piston is forced in the same direction as
      the out stroke, but nobody thinks that it will hardly move at all.

      Silicone rubber extensions do sound attractive.

      Message 38 of 38 , May 16, 2009
        Daryl,

        Thanks for the update. SOunds like an interesting project. Keep us posted.