RC Putt Putt

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 17, 2009
      Tried this first with a modest sized rudder and RC car stuff I stole from my grandson. Turning radius of about 15 feet for a 2 foot boat. Not good. With a vary big rudder the radius came down to about 10 feet. With a rudder on 7 of 8 tubes the radius came down to about 3 feet which could be OK but it really hurt the power slowing the boat by more than half. (See my photos.)

      Articulated nozzles could work better and might keep the water jets more intact. Perhaps a reasonably simple way would be to use short sections of larger diameter tube installed over the exhaust tubes and attached similarly to the rudders I used.

      Did any of you try this?
      Message 38 of 38 , May 16 7:02 AM
        Daryl,

        Thanks for the update. SOunds like an interesting project. Keep us posted.