Re: sidewheeler photo

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi Pete,

      Wow! I was trying to develop a post with the usual bit about the new home page picture, and you beat me to it. According to the Hobbies description, the plans are for a 22-inch long string pulled boat with free wheeling paddle wheels that turn when the boat is pulled through water. At full scale, it could probably carry a Lego IR control system with two reversible motors, one for each paddle wheel.
      At half scale, it would be the right size for a pop-pop boat that kids could actually play with– no sharp tin edges, or toxic paint, associated with imported pop-pop boats.

      Best wishes, Frank