Re: There Were Thirty-Nine of Us

  • northriver07
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2006

      Hello out there!

      Frank-

      I'm not trying to get you in trouble with your wife. If your like the rest of us you probably have already perfected that on your own.

      I like the idea of building a prototype, especially if we can make it a collaborative effort from interested parties around the country. It serves two purposes. The first is to make the group more dynamic. The second is to prove out your concept. If it meets your expectations then we can take it the next step to see if there are commercial interests out there.

      You are a natural "idea" person with hands on interests. I am a design (CAD) person. I also have hands on interests. I take conceptual ideas from engineers model them and refine as needed for manufacturability. I'm without a dgree and a self taught designer. As a member of an R & D team I work closely with all phases of new products. My satisfaction comes from seeing my digital model come off the DNC machines (See photo of impeller in the North River folder) or back from a rapid prototyping vender as an actual part. If we can find a couple of more players your prototype is a reality. If we each do a little bit you'll be able to stay out of the hot water in your kitchen. What do you think?

      Pete