The latest new temporary home page picture

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19 8:29 AM
      The latest new temporary home page picture has an image of the CSS Virginia and the USS Monitor "borrowed" from a website at http://tinyurl.com/dkazch that is owned by a guy who sells kits for assembling card stock models of Civil War ironclad vessels. The kits are waterline models of about the right size for use on rafts propelled by pop-pop engines. They would need to be waterproofed and reinforced for this use. The website has a statement that kits for wooden models are in the works. Don't hold your breath while you wait for this development because the website still has a complaint about being abandoned by AOL on 10/31/08.
      Link titled "Actuators & Servos for Directional Control" and "kitchen Rudder" have been added to the links section for members who might be interested in using small servos, or magnetic coil rudder actuators, to provide R/C steering. or steering plus reversible propulsion, for pop-pop boats.
      También hay un enlace titulado GOOGLE LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS para los miembros que hablan principalmente en Español.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19 10:14 AM
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19 12:51 PM
          Hi David,

          I tried to initiate email correspondence with Mr. Mahmood at civilwarironclads@... a while back, to invite him to join pop-pop steamboats group and later, to suggest that he should develop and market wooden kits of ironclad vessels based on your idea for putting card stock waterline models on plywood rafts propelled by battery powered motors, or in this case, pop-pop engines. I did learn one thing from this — it is really hard to initiate correspondence with somebody who does not answer.

          Frank

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 19 4:56 PM
            It's hard to buy stuff from them as well :-( D

            Message 5 of 7 , May 26, 2009
              The latest new temporary home page picture was posted to introduce a new material that can be used to provide things made of plastic foam with a hard waterproof coating. Go to http://tinyurl.com/ofdgbl for information that might be applied for the production of pop-pop boats.
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
                Could this latest temporary home page picture be one of Daryl's test
                pop-pops?

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 12, 2009
                  Hi All,

                  I concocted a new picture for the home page by combining two photos of one of John Woodson's models of the racing boat Miss England. I copied the photos from The Pop-Pop Pages and my defense in any forthcoming copyright proceedings will be that this was done for educational purposes. The "education" consists in having called your attention to the compactly folded and doubled coiled tubing and suggest that as an alternative to using moistened cotton wool for cooling, the propulsion tubes could pass through the hull bottom and run under it, back to the transom.