Re: There Were Thirty-Nine of Us Yesterday—

  • Richard Jenkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2006
      I moderate a few different Yahoo groups. People come and go,
      interests or interest levels change, maybe they've subscribed to too
      many different groups and can't keep up with the volume of e-mail so
      they downsize. Maybe their circumstances have changed and they will
      no longer have regular internet access. Or maybe they're just going
      on vacation and want to reduce the volume of e-mail that's going to
      be waiting in their inbox when they get home. (Actually, on the
      groups I moderate, that's not a good thing to do since my groups are
      set so that posts by new members have to be approved by the
      moderator, until they post something that isn't spam and I change
      their settings. Quitting and re-joining means you'll fall back into
      that new member category.) Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it or take
      it personally, unless of course we started to see a mass exodus
      here. It seems like the group is still in a growth trend overall
      though.

      Richard Jenkins

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Frank McNeill