Re: "Found" a home page picture for the pop-pop boats group

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
      Hi Joe,

      I hope you are well. Lazy is okay as long as it isn't an indication
      that something has broken down in the engine room. Pop-pop steamboats
      was deleted a while back by one of the co-owners. Nobody knows why
      because he bailed out after Pete Baker succeeded in convincing the
      Yahoo folks to restore the group from archived files. Meanwhile a
      replacement pop-pop boats group had been started, and it is being
      converted into something similar to a phone booth where parents,
      teachers, scout leaders and the like can join to get help from members
      of the pop-pop steamboats and cardboardshipsandboats groups with the
      construction of homemade pop-pop engines and boats that might be
      provided by reinforcing and waterproofing card stock paper models. One
      of the major distributors of imported tinplate pop-pop boats has
      posted a warning that its boats are not sold for use by children,
      which is almost like a candy store with a sign that kids are not
      allowed inside.

      Stay well and prosper- Old Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Vella-Caruana"
      <jvc@...> wrote:

      > Hi Frank
      > it is nice that you still remebered my tip. I have been very lazy
      lately, but I still keep up dated of what is going among pop up
      enthusiats.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009

        Another site that has some interest info on boats and Stirling engines. We might apply to Pop-Pop's.

        http://www.nmri.go.jp/eng/khirata/stirling/boat_design/index_e.html

        Has been added to LINKS also.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2009
          Hi All,

          As a special treat for members who can't tell the difference between a sardine boat and a sardine can boat, I used one of Greg's photos for a home page picture.