Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] "Found" a home page picture for the pop-pop boats group

  • Joe Vella-Caruana
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
      Hi Frank
       it is nice that you still remebered my tip. I have been very lazy lately, but I still keep up dated of what is going among pop up enthusiats.
       keep it
      Joe  Vella Carauan
      ( Malta)
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
        Hi Joe,

        I hope you are well. Lazy is okay as long as it isn't an indication
        that something has broken down in the engine room. Pop-pop steamboats
        was deleted a while back by one of the co-owners. Nobody knows why
        because he bailed out after Pete Baker succeeded in convincing the
        Yahoo folks to restore the group from archived files. Meanwhile a
        replacement pop-pop boats group had been started, and it is being
        converted into something similar to a phone booth where parents,
        teachers, scout leaders and the like can join to get help from members
        of the pop-pop steamboats and cardboardshipsandboats groups with the
        construction of homemade pop-pop engines and boats that might be
        provided by reinforcing and waterproofing card stock paper models. One
        of the major distributors of imported tinplate pop-pop boats has
        posted a warning that its boats are not sold for use by children,
        which is almost like a candy store with a sign that kids are not
        allowed inside.

        Stay well and prosper- Old Frank

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Vella-Caruana"

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009

          Another site that has some interest info on boats and Stirling engines. We might apply to Pop-Pop's.

          http://www.nmri.go.jp/eng/khirata/stirling/boat_design/index_e.html

          Has been added to LINKS also.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2009

            As a special treat for members who can't tell the difference between a sardine boat and a sardine can boat, I used one of Greg's photos for a home page picture.