Re: Viewing video files

  • Richard Mundy
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
      Hi David,

      Considering your comments, I think I have two problems. The first is
      that the scale is small that the air bubble just pops out, the second
      is I suspect the amount of heat required on so small an engine is
      very critical. I think the answer is to create a tiny header tank,
      rather than just a coil, on the lines of Daryls Piot engine.

      Dick

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny"

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
        Good luck.

        The "click click" type has a reservoir of course.

        > Considering your comments, I think I have two problems. The first is
        > that the scale is small that the air bubble just pops out, the second
        > is I suspect the amount of heat required on so small an engine is
        > very critical. I think the answer is to create a tiny header tank,
        > rather than just a coil, on the lines of Daryls Piot engine.
        >
        > Dick
        >

        > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny"

      • Daryl Foster
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 21, 2009
          Dick,.... For the boiler .035 to .045" copper would be OK. The tubes are .014". All brass tubes is OK. Silver brazing is definitely required. The aluminum is just to save weight. Daryl.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 21, 2009
            Hi Daryl,

            thanks for this, silver soldering/brazing is not a problem and my
            local mdel shop stocks brass tube in various sizes. This should prove
            to be a good project for when I am totally frustrated by minipoppop.
            Will post photo's when I have something worthwhile to show.

            <darylcanada73@...> wrote:

            > Dick,.... For the boiler .035 to .045" copper would be OK. The
            tubes are .014". All brass tubes is OK. Silver brazing is definitely
            required. The aluminum is just to save weight. Daryl.

            bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at