Re: wick

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 9, 2009
      "This is the any topic, no rules and not much discussion group where development of pop-pop steamboats and engines is occasionally mentioned."

      It looks like we are living up to the first line of our description. It's amazing how the human mind wonders! I hope that the younger set isn't reading our posts. It might just give them the wrong image of old Frank and the rest of us.

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond Bird" <dickie.bird1@...> wrote:

      > Weedkiller and sugar were the basic ingredients of the propellant for the
      > Inter Wing Ballistic Missile, developed by the senior entry of apprentices
      > at RAF Halton with the intention of bombing No 3 (Rook) Wing back in the
      > 50s. Unfortunately (more probably fortunately) the development on the
      > warhead was arrested (better than the "Brats") and the final results never
      > known.
      >
      > Best regards
      > Dickie

    • Len Phillips
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 9, 2009

        All good and the occasional reminess is fine for the sole.

        Pop Pops have been around as long as us older folk. That video was so good I reckon I could make one after that so will give it a go <G>

        Aussie Len

        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 9, 2009
          Len Phillips wrote:
          > Couldn't "someone " write a book on "The things Kids Did in the old days ".
          > what a hoot

          "The Dangerous Book for Boys" is almost exactly that. Worth looking at...

        • Daryl Foster
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 10, 2009
            Frank, I really enjoy your style of humour.

            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 10, 2009
              Thanks Daryl,

              Finally a kind word, after years of scorn, disapproval and occasional
              detention.

              old Frank

              --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Foster
              <darylcanada73@...> wrote:

              > Frank, I really enjoy your style of humour.

            • Richard Mundy
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 10, 2009
                Hi Frank,

                Yes, probably accounts for the bunkers,