New Link

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009

      I added a link to The Apologetics Index which is described as
      providing 39,925 + pages of resources on cults, sects, movements,
      alternative religions, apologetics-, anticult-, and countercult
      organizations, doctrines, and the like. I intended to search the
      39,925 plus pages for references to pop-pop steamboats and the use of
      powdered magnesium, but got sidetracked by a story about of the shoot
      out betwen the Branch Davidian and the FBI near Waco.

      Next time maybe, old Frank
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009

        After reading Dick's post I did a bit of web surfing in order to add a
        link to information about the Texas City Disaster. It might serve as a
        warning to kids that like to mess around with dangerous stuff- or it
        might just suggest how to generate an enormous explosion by parking a
        shipload of chemical fertilizer next to a shipload of explosives.

        old Frank
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011

          Just added a link titled "Robot Marketplace" with a bit of info about the BlinkRC WiFi RC Receiver. There are several WiFi gadgets that can be used as remote controllers. The Apple iPad can control a battery-powered thing with four rotors that is manufactured in France and the referenced example provides video of a model car being steered by moving a finger across the display panel of a cell phone. Is anybody interested in developing a WiFi pop-pop boat?

          Best Wishes, Old Frank
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011
            Welcome back Frank,

            The Fulton group recently found the sanme site. We're using their DC gearmotor MODEL NUMBER PK32F260-516 to drive our display unit. We had a mini gearmotor first belt drive then direct drive. It had the necessary power but the small gearhead used plastic gears. One of the motors failed at Cabin Fever 2011 so we opted out and went back to the bigger gearmotor with a belt drive. I posted a couple of new pix.