RE: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: new instructional video for pop pop engines

  • Slater Harrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2009

      Gang,

      Thank you all for your words of encouragement (re: the pop pop instructional video. I love this group--even though I detect some smoldering pyromania under all that—ostensibly--scientific inquiry into trick candles!!! Sounds like an excuse to go burn magnesium!

      Some of us in the group know a professor in South Africa named Jeff Bindon. Jeff just sent out a short video of his latest work that truly is as much art as it is science!

      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3057228933429887668&hl=en

      Jeff created a transparent design engine and wrote an intriguing article in which he shows, among other things, that the engines that last a long time are able to burp bubbles of gas that have come out of solution from the water. http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/images/bindon9_04.PDF

      And thank you Vance, who truly put pop pops on the internet. The pop pop pages is still such a great site!

      Slater